Super Bowl Sunday, February 12, 2023 (Niners are out, so why not ride?)
- B pace (~13.5 mph avg)
- Hilly (2,500+ ft elev, up to 8% grades)
- Regroup as needed, we'll start and end together including in Glen Ellen
- 44 miles, ~3h15m riding time
- Please arrive ready to roll by 10:00 am at River Front Cafe / B St & 2nd. We will leave PROMPTLY at 10:10 am.
No rain is forecasted, but cool temps will hold for the first half of the ride.
Route Map: https://ridewithgps.com/routes/41951221 (see attached Cue Sheet with Route Map)
Description: A scenic, out and back along mostly country roads, from Petaluma's Riverside Cafe to Glen Ellen, including a drink/coffee/snack stop at Garden Court Cafe at mile 22. Restroom break available at Crane Creek Regional Park, if needed, at mile 10 and mile 33. Good but not intense hill climbing, appropriate for intermediate and advanced cyclists.
E-mail or call/text me at 415-307-4871 for any questions or to pre-register given this is joint posted PWCC and SRCC (please specify Sun Feb 12 B Pace ride) - Mike Sarmiento
- - - -
This ride is joint posted with the Santa Rosa Cycling Club, so advance sign up is required to distinguish if you will be riding as an SRCC member. PWCC and SRCC club accident insurance will not cover the other club's members, and vice versa. PWCC and SRCC have some joint members, so in case of an accident, it needs to be clear which club’s insurance will apply.
If you are a PWCC member only, please sign up with me before 8 pm, Saturday, Feb 11, indicating Sun Feb 12 B Pace ride, by sending an email to me at mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org or call/text me at (415) 307-4871 and I will list you as a PWCC participant.
If you are a joint PWCC/SRCC member, please sign up with me before 8 pm, Saturday, Feb 11, indicating Sun Feb 12 B Pace ride, by sending an email to me at mailto:email@example.com or call/text me at (415) 307-4871 and let me know if you are riding as a PWCC or SRCC participant. If you are riding as an SRCC member, you must pre-register by going to the SRCC Event Page. If you are riding as a PWCC member, see the paragraph above.
If you are not a member of either club:
- If you'd like to ride as a PWCC guest, we kindly ask that fill out the PWCC Liability Waiver and provide the completed form to me at the beginning of the ride After your initial "try-us-out-ride" we ask that you join PWCC.
- If you'd like to ride as an SRCC guest, follow the pre-registration instructions above and also print the attached liability waiver form and provide the completed form to me at the beginning of the ride. After your initial SRCC guest ride, we ask that you join SRCC.