Not sure why, but immediate subscribers to the Ride Forum don't receive my post when I attach a .pdf route map. So replying to the thread to push it out (daily subscribers seem to work fine).
Also, note the late start time at 1:30 pm - to allow for plans folks might otherwise have during Easter morning.
Spot the Easter Eggs hidden amongst Apple Blossoms, Mustard Greens and California Poppies | Climbs up Lichau & Sonoma Mountain Rds with a stop in Glen Ellen | Sunday Apr 9, 2023, 1:20 pm gather 1:30 pm ride
· 52 miles | ~4h30m riding time, 5h+ total including regroups/stops and coffee/snack break at Glen Ellen Market
· Socializing friendly AB Pace - avg 11-12 mph (3-6 mph uphill, 20+ mph downhill), regrouping as needed
· Mountains (4,500 ft, 14%+ grades, requires well controlled speed and good riding skills on descents down Lichau and Sonoma Mtn - not for beginners)
· You should have good climbing legs & lungs for this ride and a bike/e-bike that's in solid working condition with good tires and brakes.
· Please arrive ready to roll by 1:20 pm in front of River Front Cafe, we will leaving promptly at 1:30 pm, finishing after 6:30 pm.
Route Map: https://ridewithgps.com/routes/42455196 (see attached Cue Sheet with Route Map)
Description: Classic climbs up Lichau Rd, with a descent "up" the infamous Gravity Hill, and a stop at Glen Ellen Market, returning with a climb up Sonoma Mountain Rd. Springtime blossoms are in full display right now.
E-mail me for any questions. See you on Easter Sunday! - Mike Sarmiento
PWCC creates opportunities for men
and women cyclists of all levels to meet, make friends, ride, explore and train together in a safe and supportive
PO Box 584, Petaluma, CA 94953
Petaluma Wheelmen Cycling Club is a 501(c)(7)
© Petaluma Wheelmen Cycling Club
CONNECT WITH US: